Are you frustrated with the financial aid process?
Join us for a conversation with Carrie Short, Director of Financial Aid at Lorain County Community College. Don’t miss out on free money because you failed to apply to financial aid, got frustrated with the process or failed to update your contact information.
- Don’t go it alone or give up. Reach out to a Financial Aid office at your local Community College
- Use their chat line, email, call or visit an office in person
- Chat line at Lorain County Community College: https://www.lorainccc.edu/paying-for-college/financial-aid/ (Availability may vary.)
- Email financial aid at LCCC: Finaid@lorainccc.edu
- Phone Financial Aid at LCCC: (440) 366-4034
Realize many times financial aid will need to verify your information. The government requires this. It is not personal, but it can be frustrating. Make sure you are in contact with your financial aid office by checking your email. During the pandemic, use the chat line first or email before calling.
Apply for the FAFSA. Update your contact info regularly.
- Apply for the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at https://studentaid.gov/
- Make sure your current address, phone number and email information is accurate and up to date.
- Many students miss out on grants and scholarship because they either didn’t apply or their financial aid office could not reach them.
- Check your school email regularly.